Thursday, November 30, 2006

Rage

I just bet myself eleven thousand dollars that the screenplay of Prime Suspect 7, the first half of which I watched tonight, and which was brilliant and breathtaking in every possible way except in its actual subtextual message about women and work (which was Kinder, Kirche, Küche: 'children, church, cakes', or its colloquial English equivalent, 'barefoot and pregnant'), was written by a man.

And sure enough, his name's Frank. I win. Just as well. Most of that money belongs to the ATO.

More on this when the red haze has faded a bit.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite. I'll look forward to your elaboration.

Anonymous said...

If that's all you've got to rage about then you must be having a good life! :)

misstickle said...

"Kinder, Ku:che, Kirche" - children, kitchen and church.

I thought the "women and work" guilt trip theme was more to do with her not accepting that her drinking was a huge problem. I didn't get the feeling that the writer thought she should have done something different if that's what you're getting at.

Anonymous said...

Doris, some of us think this stuff matters.

Anonymous said...

Doris, you have somewhat missed Pavlov's point, Dudette.


Cast Iron Balcony