Thursday, August 21, 2008

Self-portraiture

Inspired by Sophie's image, which I can attest does in fact look very like her within the limitations of the application and without really doing her justice, I went over there to make my own dolly.

Although it allows you to put lines on your face, unfortunately it only allows one set of lines at a time, so the possible variants go pretty much straight from fresh-faced 25-year-old to dessicated crone. While I am undeniably nearer the latter than the former, I wasn't quite ready for the crone set of lines, so ended up with this:




It was only then that I remembered that I've played this game before, with an application called 'Simpsonize Me!' that you can use to turn yourself into a Simpsons character, who by happy chance is wearing my exact reading glasses:




Those who know me will be aware that this second one is a great deal closer to the truth. I bet you're all laughing yourselves stupid. And rightly so.

UPDATE -- found a few extra options manga-wise. The first one was just an idealised decades-younger "self" but this one is just starting to move into the realms of the very slightly uncanny:


5 comments:

Tim said...

The second one is very Lorraine Bracco in The Sopranos.

Anonymous said...

Can't add too much here, but I have a question, Mme. Pav: why do you keep changing your Facebook picture, highlighted at right? I rather liked your penultimate one, and the new one has an expression that's just a tad Fritzlisch.

Kerryn Goldsworthy said...

Repelling boredom, Fyodor, merely repelling boredom.

"... the new one has an expression that's just a tad Fritzlisch."

Jawohl? All that unheimlich daylight, you think?

Of course there are some who will tell you that's a valid interpretation. But actually I was taking photos of a tryout of a new makeup tip I got from a new chick lit novel. One is never too old to learn.

Anonymous said...

Von Fritzlisch zu Fitzish:

"She refused to be bored chiefly because she wasn’t boring."

Personally, I prefer to rappel boredom.

LiteraryMinded said...

Hi!

Just dropping by to say I've been reading around your two blogs for the past half hour and having a great time :-)

Angela