Friday, August 01, 2008

600 words a day, every day

Well. Given that I only decided to do a post-a-day for the whole month on the second of July and therefore missed a day from the get-go, I think it's rather good that I only missed three days altogether. Clearly do-able. So now I am going to mix two dead metaphors: I'm going to take a leaf out of someone else's book and up the ante.

Because I recently saw someone else in the blogosphere, and I now can't track down who it was, committing herself (I think) to writing 300 words a day, ie no cheating with LOLcats and such. So, since I finally started my novel a couple of weeks ago but, as so often, got stuck almost straight away, I'm going to try for a minimum of 300 words on the blog and another 300 on the novel, every day for the month of August, and see how I go.

But not now, because there's an all-day meeting. Later.

6 comments:

Peter said...

Ahh, good. I thought there ought to be a PC novel turning up - to write as you do and not publish would be a crime.

Can't wait!

Pavlov's Cat said...

Thank you.

innercitygarden said...

Thanks, it'll make it so much easier for me to procrastinate on writing my essay if I've got your blog to read.

Could you publish your novel before I get any silly ideas about enrolling in a PhD? Perhaps you could add a tagline to your banner "Pavlov's Cat: Writing so you don't have to".

Caroline said...

ahem . . .

300 words a day. God the guilt. I decided to move house instead. Its quite a difficult target, not short, not long, just awkward. Good luck.

Caroline said...

I was actually inspired by you and your posting every day. So we have made a neat loop.

Zoe said...

Oooh, goody. I can't wait.