Wednesday, November 14, 2007

More wrongful detention: some wondering

I wonder how hard the government has been trying to suppress the story of Tony Tran. (UPDATE: quite hard, apparently.) Here's the transcript from Lateline, which broke the story on Monday night.

I wonder what Tony Tran was thinking while the Vivian Solon and Cornelia Rau stories were in the news.

I wonder what kind of bafflegab and b*llshit Kevin Andrews has/will come up with this time, and whether this story will make his nose and ears go all red on the teeve, as telltale a sign with Andrews as the shoulder twitch is with Ratty. You'd think Makeup would be Awake-up by now.

I wonder where most people would rather see their taxes go: to compensation for Tony Tran and his son -- or to the subsidy of other people's "choice" of private schools for their children?

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I'd like to see them at least offer them permanent residency. As far as I'm aware there is nothing in the father's history that would make him a risk. Of course they can't do it under a caretaker govt because it's probably a ministerial decision, but I hope he doesn't get lost in the post election rush.

Lord Sedgwick said...

A story like this has me with my head between my knees thinking that this is usually the stuff of fiction ... and characteristically Orwell, Kafka, Waugh and Huxley fiction.