Thursday, June 19, 2008

And that was a whole afternoon of my life I'll never get back



Fortunately, either (a) I managed to fix it by accident myself while dolefully fiddling with the configuration settings, much as I once got my sister's apparently dead car started by experimentally jiggling the battery leads, or (b) the problem was at their end all along, something the tech support dude with the heavy accent and the even heavier cold kept assuring me wasn't the case. At least I think that's what he was saying. It could just as easily have been 'We have your cat: leave the money in used five-dollar bills under the lavender bush on the Old Port Canal Shopping Centre roundabout at 2 am or the pussy gets a one-way trip to the Great Big Litter Box in the Sky.' Hard to tell.

Just as well it came good though, because I started waiting for a callback from someone at Level 2 Support at 5.01 pm yesterday, and am still waiting. Presumably the intertubes fairies have told them it's all fixed.

4 comments:

Ampersand Duck said...

That LOLcat is purrfect.

Bugger. I'm glad you managed to fix it yourself though... tortuous machines.

Mindy said...

I swear I called tech support one time and heard in the background 'shit, did you answer it? Hang up quick!" dialtone. I cancelled my subscription.

Anonymous said...

"I once got my sister's apparently dead car started by experimentally jiggling the battery leads" - this I misread as "dead cat". You had about 7 seconds of Powers of Resurrection. Which explains the computer. Hail...

Kerryn Goldsworthy said...

Yeah, see, not everyone knows where a cat's battery leads are. It's my little secret.