Thursday, March 30, 2006

What book are you?

I was afraid of this.




You're Ulysses!

by James Joyce

Most people are convinced that you don't make any sense, but compared
to what else you could say, what you're saying now makes tons of sense. What people do
understand about you is your vulgarity, which has convinced people that you are at once
brilliant and repugnant. Meanwhile you are content to wander around aimlessly, taking in
the sights and sounds of the city. What you see is vast, almost limitless, and brings you
additional fame. When no one is looking, you dream of being a Greek folk hero.


Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.


Thanks to Georg at Stack for the tip, though.

9 comments:

ThirdCat said...

Wouldn't have expected Ulysses to be dressed in that strappy little number the weather pixie has put you in, but there you go: don't judge a book by its cover.

Anonymous said...

Can you believe it -- I'm the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, the book that really got me reading.

cristy said...

I got Love in the Time of Cholera. Great book, but I am not sure how I feel about that result...

Zoe said...

I think I lost a comment! rats - I came out To Kill a Mockingbird.

I went back and changed the one that I was confused about - and came out Anne of Green Gables.

hmmm

lucy tartan said...

I am Roots. Holy crap!!!

genevieve said...

I love getting my first result with these things (in this case, Cry The Beloved Family, for god's sake), then backtracking and seeing what else I can get if I fiddle with it a tad.
I got LOTR, Catch 22 and the dictionary. How the hell did you get Ulysses?

genevieve said...

Wow, I really need that extra hour's sleep - I meant to say, Cry the Beloved Country. Freudian howler there :)

Kerryn Goldsworthy said...

Ya gotta wonder about those nonsense boys over at LP when you see a classic like that. I assume their refusal to register the bleeding obvious is a combination of classic denial and Oedipal rage. :-)

How did I get Ulysses? Well, I said I banged on and on and on, and I said I felt old. Can't remember any of the others. Hang on, I'll do it again ...

Kerryn Goldsworthy said...

Ulysses again, and I think it's because I said I was a big fan of the British Isles, which is true. Not the people, just the isles. Mainly Scotland and Ireland, of course, but I do sort of like London. And Yorkshire.

Heeeeeeathclifffff ......

*skips off dementedly across the moors*