A friend has just sent me a '40 Things You'd Love to Say out Loud at Work' email.
Fortunately these days I can say anything I like out loud at work and only the cats will hear me (though I must say I'm thinking of setting up a dirty words jar at 20c a shot; good superannuation would be nothing to it). But this list did remind me of my days in academic life and here are my favourites.
Things I Would Have Loved to Say Out Loud at Work:
* I can see your point, but I still think you're full of sh*t.
* How about never? Is never good for you?
* I see you've set aside this special time to publicly humiliate yourself.
* I like you. You remind me of myself when I was young and stupid.
* You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers.
* Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.
* Do I look like a f*cking 'people person' to you?