* I came relatively late in life to gardening, and relatively late in gardening to bulbs. But this year, for the first time ever, I've just been alerted to a miracle in the front garden: last year's bulbs are putting out this year's shoots. Snowdrops and white ranunculi, if I remember rightly.
* If you move the potted lime tree out of the wind like all the books tell you to, it will look like a completely different
* After seventeen years of drinking coffee at the computer ... yes, it finally happened. More of a slosh than an actual spill, but still requiring the frantic tipping and holding upside-down of the keyboard to drain, some delicately wielded tissues and cotton buds, and a quick burst of the hair dryer. Girlie paraphernalia rules. (Thank God I don't take sugar.)
* The gutter problem is now urgent. (See Weatherpixie ... no, she's cleared up again. Mercurial Melbourne weather in Adders today.)
* Amazingly, one of the institutions that owe me money has paid up.
* Unfortunately, the other thing in the mailbox was a reminder from the vet that the tortoiseshells are due for their shots in May. Oh, the hiding under the furniture, the howling during the drive, the danger of the uncut claws of the inside cat in spite of the raffia scratching post. Last year the gentle one was so traumatised by the rectal thermometer that she tucked her nose under my armpit and hid her little face for shame.
[Snowdrop image from here, which looks like an ace place.]